Clarkson Tau Gamma

Clarkson University
Potsdam, NY 13699

Charter Date   May 19, 1950

Chapter No.   52

Advisor   Dr. Kenneth Willmert

Chapter Status

Annual Chapter Reports

Clarkson Tau Gamma

 

The nucleus of petitioners from Clarkson was a group who formed an honor society known as Mu Epsilon Phi in 1949, The ideals were essentially the same as Pi Tau Sigma; and in the spring of 1950, the National Council was petitioned for a chapter of Pi Tau Sigma. The petition was granted. Formal installation of Clarkson Tau Gamma Chapter took place May 19, 1950, with Vice-President M. S. Gjesdahl officiating.

Clarkson Tau Gamma follows the traditional practices of Pi Tau Sigma by contributing to scholarship and cooperating with the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering. Each year on Engineering Day, Tau Gamma guides visitors through the Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Department and exhibits displays which illustrate the use of the fundamental principles of engineering. Tau Gamma also strives to promote student to faculty communications, and provides a course registration counseling service for Mechanical and Industrial Engineering students.