Detroit Pi Eta
Detroit, MI 48221
Charter Date December 7, 1940
Chapter No. 32
Advisor Dr. Jonathan M. Weaver
Leading mechanical engineering students of the University of Detroit under the guidance of Professor J. J. Uicker, presented a petition for a charter to the National Council in March, 1943, during the middle of World War II. Detroit Pi Eta Chapter was formally installed on May 15, 1943, by National Secretary-Treasurer E. S. Gray.
The major activities started the fall of 1946 and traditional activities are conducted. Detroit Pi Eta Chapter adopted a policy of undertaking one outstanding project annually to benefit the student body and the school. One year the project was the adoption of a loan fund to be. made available to deserving engineering upperclassmen. It is also
sponsoring interest in professional registration.
in 1990, the University of Detroit merged with Mercy College of Detroit to become the University of Detroit Mercy.
ANNUAL SUMMARY REPORTS