Georgia Tech Nu

Georgia Institute of Technology

Atlanta, GA 30332

Charter Date  November 29, 1932

Chapter No.    14

Advisor Dr. Devesh Ranjan 

Chapter Status Active

A group of junior classmen, assisted by Professor R. S. King. formed a local organization known as the N.R.G. Society in the spring of 1932. The following fall the society petitioned Pi Tau Sigma and was granted representation at the 1932 annual convention at the University of Illinois. The representatives were initiated on November 18, 1932, and upon their return to Atlanta, they initiated the other charter members. Thus the installation of Georgia Tech Nu Chapter was completed on November 29, 1932. The chapter annually sponsors the presentation of Honors Day awards to the sophomore having the highest scholastic average and to the School's Outstanding Senior. It supports and maintains a student lounge in the Mechanical Engineering complex. It also represents the School of Mechanical Engineering during Engineers' Week with an exhibit. The chapter officers serve on the Student Liaison Committee of the School, a vital communication link between the student body and the school administration and faculty.