Johns Hopkins Tau Alpha
Baltimore, MD 21218
Charter Date March 23, 1949
Chapter No. 50
Advisor Dr. Noah Cowan
The National Council of Pi Tau Sigma was petitioned in March 1949. The petition was granted, and the Johns Hopkins Tau Alpha Chapter was formally installed on March 23, 1949, by National President B. H. Jennings, with Professor J. R. Schietinger assisting.
The Johns Hopkins Tau Alpha Chapter continues to actively support the programs of the School of Engineering Science. In addition to such programs as sponsoring
high academic achievement and expanding the Engineering Library, the chapter sponsors a banquet with an outstanding engineer as guest of honor and speaker.
Johns Hopkins Tau Alpha was reinstalled on May IS, 1992, after a period of inactivity. When the mechanical engineering program returned, Dr. W.N. Sharpe, Jr., immediately took steps to revitalize the Tau Alpha chapter.