Bethlehem, PA 18015
Charter Date December 5, 1927
Chapter No. 9
Advisor Dr. Terry J. Hart
In September, 1927, National Secretary J. V. Martenis, an alumnus of Lehigh University started to correspond with our faculty for the purpose of founding a new chapter of Pi Tau Sigma. The high ranking seniors in mechanical engineering responded and prepared a petition. The charter was granted and Professor Martenis formally instituted Lehigh Theta Chapter on December 5, 1927.
The chapter publishes a bi-annual departmental magazine, presents exhibits and demonstrates for open houses, awards a Mechanical Engineer's Handbook to the high-ranking sophomore, and takes an active interest in the ASME student section activities.